Elon Musk reaction on Donald Trump’s refusal to use Twitter
Donald Trump's Twitter account was closed in 2021 in the context of the attack on Capitol Hill on January 6.
The new chief of micro-blogging website Twitter Elon Musk has said that it was a serious mistake to shut down former US President Donald Trump’s Twitter account after the capital attack.
According to the details, Elon Musk has expressed his reaction to former US President Donald Trump’s refusal to return to Twitter.
He replied to a Twitter user and wrote that:
“I have no problem with Trump not tweeting. The important thing is that Twitter has corrected a serious mistake by closing Trump’s account,” he wrote.
He further wrote that Trump had not violated any of Twitter’s rules or terms of service. Elon Musk added that “closing the account of the current president of the country will damage the trust that half of the American people have in Twitter”.
It should be noted that Elon Musk last week restored former US President Donald Trump’s Twitter account. He conducted a poll on Twitter on Friday to get people’s opinions on the reinstatement of former President Donald Trump’s Twitter account. He reinstated Donald Trump’s Twitter account after poll results favored the account’s reinstatement.
It should be noted that Donald Trump’s Twitter account was closed in 2021 in the context of the attack on Capitol Hill on January 6.
At the time of the ban, Donald Trump had 88.8 million Twitter followers. The former US president repeatedly used Twitter to claim that his defeat in the November 2020 elections was due to massive voter fraud.
In the past, US President Donald Trump’s Twitter account was locked for 12 hours on January 7 before the Twitter account was permanently closed and he was also given a ban warning.
In this regard, Twitter management said that 3 tweets of US President Trump had been deleted and his account was locked for 12 hours.