Coming up with a story write-up can prove a tough task, and it even gets tougher when developing an excellent story. The reality downs when you check how long storylines get developed for some of the most exciting movies in history. Some can even take up to four years, and an excellent example includes the typical Pixar movie.
So what does it take to write a captivating and quality story? Students can pay for essay writing to correct some mistakes but some of these tricks also work for essays you spend time with at school or college.
Brilliant Story Writing Tips
- Write your story in a single sitting. You have to endeavor to write your narration within the shortest period possible. Try and write your first draft of the story in one sitting if a short story and one season when writing a novel. The first draft entails discovery, and you can focus on doing other aspects such as outlining later with a draft in hand.
- Develop your story’s protagonist. Every story involves protagonists, and having a good protagonist elevates your story to another level. Decision making forms a crucial ingredient to every protagonist, and by getting into a mess, they also have to emerge from it at the crisis point through decision making. You can develop your story’s protagonist by using other characters such as the villain or a sidekick that can bring out the protagonist’s other side.
- Create drama and suspense. You can accomplish this by posing a question that puts your protagonist’s destiny in question and arouse a reader’s interest to know what will happen next.
- Show and avoid telling the audience or reader of the exciting happenings in your story, especially when they alter your character’s fate. You can show the exciting bits of your short story but tell the remaining bits.
- Write an excellent dialogue that stems from intimate knowledge when it comes to your characters besides a lot of rewriting. Ensure that every character has a distinctive voice and can easily get separated from the rest. When your character doesn’t sound as envisioned then you should rewrite the dialogue afresh.
- Write concerning death. Most good stories often entail the demise of a character at some point. For your story to get some legitimacy, you can tap into the theme of death.
- Edit your story like a professional would by writing at least three drafts. The first draft should contain a general flow of your ideas with the second one for structural edits. The third draft should then contain deep edits and polishing to allow you to share your creative piece with others.
- Understand the rules before breaking them to come up with an excellent creative piece. Well, all good writers understand and stick to the writing rules, but great writers know and chose not to follow them. Respect the rules but don’t allow yourself to serve the rules but your story.
- Defeat the writer’s block by writing even when stuck. You don’t need to write well under these circumstances but allow yourself to express whatever comes.
- Share your write-up to ensure you improve on your writing skills each time you face the possibility of failing. It can only improve your output in the end. You can pick a suitable writing contest to put this into practice.
Writing an excellent story needs dedication and adherence to some of these tips. However, remember to take some time to celebrate when you succeed in putting out a brilliant story out there.